RT Resources are currently the only training provider in Scotland that deliver Glass & Glazing SVQs and Modern Apprenticeships.
The Glass industry is of vital importance to the construction industries as an important part of the supply chain. Glass products supply many other sectors and it makes a significant contribution to the Scottish economy.
The SVQ frameworks in Glass Industry Occupations cover:
Fabrication of Glass Supporting Systems
This is aimed at those who produce fabricated products such as door and window frames and units, conservatories, and glazing systems used in curtain walling etc.
Fenestration Installation and Surveying (Level 3)
- This SVQ is for the operators carrying out tasks such as installing windows, doors, conservatories and curtain walling etc.
- This qualification is aimed at those who undertake routine and complex activities in the glass manufacturing sector.
- This qualification is aimed at those who produce products from glass and related materials in the glass processing sector.
- This is aimed at those who work as glaziers, installing glass into frames (eg windows and doors).
You can download more information about the various qualifications and the units covered here:
- Fenestration SCQF Level 5
- Fenestration SCQF Level 6
- Fabrication SCQF Level 5
- Fabrication SCQF Level 6
- Glass Processing SCQF Level 5
- Glazing Level 5
- Glazing Level 6
If you are employed and looking to update your CSCS Card and qualifications, remember that the SVQs are funded by Skills Development Scotland under the Modern Apprentice scheme. Regardless of your employees age the qualification will be either partly or fully funded.